Most of the countries (USA, UK, Australia, and Canada) have excellent health insurance schemes. However, some of these health insurances do not cover major dental procedures like implants and surgeries. This is the reason why dental tourism has become more popular.
Benefits of Dental Tourism India
1. Cost Saving
This is the biggest benefit of choosing dental tourism. When compared to developed nations like USA, UK, Australia and Canada, prices of dental procedures are much lesser. People don’t have to wait for long hours and blow a hole in the pockets for getting their dental implants done.
2. Lifetime Warranty
One of the greatest features any dental clinic in India will provide is a lifetime warranty. If the patient faces any problem then the dentist will provide follow ups and further required treatment. And moreover, necessary repairs will be done with utmost care. This feature also helps the patient in getting multiple post-surgery check-ups.
3. Internationally Trained Dental Experts
Most of the dental clinics employ dentists who have training at an international level and have multiple years of experience. These expert dentists will keep an eye on developments happening in the science field through global journals. These dentists are regular attendees of seminars and conferences. They will never compromise with treatment quality and execution. They are vowed to take utmost care of the patients
4. Aesthetic Dentistry
Most of the dental clinics present in India have incorporated modern dentistry techniques and procedures for providing high-quality treatment to patients. Several other facilities are also available with them which enable the dentists to provide completely painless surgery. And apart from that, aesthetic dentistry has also made its way into India – this service is helpful for young people who want to enhance their facial appearance. Tooth replacement, crowning, orthodontics, and several other dental procedures have become very easy because of the advanced technologies.
5. ISO Certified Dentists
Another important feature – our Indian dentistry should take pride in is that almost every Health Ministry of Indian states is quite stringent in their regulations. As per their rules, every dentist should be ISO certified. All the dental clinics take utmost care of this aspect while employing and hiring dentists. An ISO certified dentist provides high quality and excellent treatment
6. Ease of Access
Most of the dental clinics in major metropolitan cities of India are easily accessible by air transport from all the countries. Within the city, public transportation is also plentiful and reasonably priced. You can reach the destination either through bus, rail, or taxi.
7. Plenty to See and Do
Usually, dental treatment takes 1 – 2 hours of time in a day. So in the remaining time, you can visit nearby places.
How Does Dental Tourism Work?
If you want to visit India as a health tourist then a dental clinic will be very helpful in planning the trip. We, at Dentcure, will manage to craft a comprehensive travel plan.
Below is the process where we follow for planning a proper dental tour for you.
- Once we get the request, we analyze the requirement and provide a detailed information on the treatment, cost, procedure, time period and several others that are necessary.
- After that, we provide our referral case studies of treatment similar to your dental problem. The case studies presented to you – are performed by our expert team of dentists. This case studies will also help you analyze an insight of budget, expense, time duration, stay in India and other information.
- Now, our customer engagement team will get in touch with your – with details of visa confirmation, itinerary and other information for your convenience.
Risk Factors Involved in Travel Dentistry
Though dental tourism has many benefits, some of the risk factors are also associated with it. Some of them are mentioned below…
- Once the treatment is completed, you will travel back to your home. So obviously, your tooth will be in recovering stage while you are traveling. And you will have limited access to normal comforts so there is a chance of complications. This can compromise recovery as well.
- Traveling is usually associated with higher infection and inflammation rates. For some complications like infection may occur which require the secondary dental procedure. Though there may be dentists in your home who can perform the procedure, they may not be aware of initial dentists’ procedure and technology used.
- After the treatment is completed, dentists will provide an instruction list which includes certain guidelines to follow to reduce the infection. Mostly, you can reduce normal activities after the treatment. However, some of them may be recommended not to walk excessively, drive, swim, or drink alcohol. In some cases, patients are not recommended to travel. Recovery time after treatment is difficult to predict so sometimes you may have to extend your vacation.
Some Tips for Patients Travelling Abroad for Dental Treatments
If you want to travel abroad for receiving dental treatment then make sure to consider certain tips. We have mentioned them for your convenience.
- Before finalizing the dental provider or package, ask them where they can verify the credentials provided by them. Make sure to check out the specific details like training and accreditation of the dentist.
- Plan ahead – on how you will be dealing with complications which may arise after your return home? If you require any additional procedure after a few months then who will perform them? Make sure to visit a dentist in your area to learn procedures options. It is better to form a relationship with the dentist so that he/she can address any issues that may occur after the treatment.
- Before returning to your home, make sure to collect all the dental records. Know the procedure performed and devices/technology used. For example – in case if you are visiting for dental veneers then make a note of the material used by the dentist.
- After the treatment, ask about the tips and precautions to take care for avoiding any infection.
- While providing the treatment, make sure the dentist take enough precaution control measures like gloves, autoclave sterilizer, dry heat oven for sterilization, use of new needles, and type of sanitization used for water.
- If you are planning to get dental treatment abroad then make sure to get dental checkup/necessary restorative work done (tend to decayed teeth, broken fillings, and other dental problems) before boarding the flight to avoid any dental emergency.